This post from Steven Sinofsky is very much along the line what we are doing at XING with our ‘Auftragsklärung‘.
My favorite insights are:
- Move forward in the right direction
- Not talking about process in fact also defines a process. Make a conscious choice for a helpful process.
- Have clarity of intent, alignment of commitment including a shared context.
- Never ask for things that do not help others to get their work done.
- Have the understanding that there is a hierarchy of things to have or do, depending on the timeline. The further out in time you think, the more abstract and general things become.
- You always have to look at a dashboard of information and change your plans if the situation has changed.
Getting (the Right) Stuff Done